Monday, June 23, 2014

Haiti June 2014 Trip

Hey People!!

Well I was a little tired last night after all of the travels down to Haiti, but we are here!!

Today was AWESOME! There were so many things that I want to tell you all, but there is not enough space on this blog. This day felt like it was at least three days put into one. We went to 5 different orphanages today and distributed about 230 pairs of shoes. The reaction of the kids when they get the new shoes are unbelievable, they are so happy!

The group of people that we are with is phenomenal! They are great people who all are here to do the same thing. The first orphanage that we went to today was over 80 girls. As soon as we walked in through the gates every single girl RAN up to someone and grabbed one of our hands to hold onto. It was one of the coolest things ever that I can't put into words. There was one girl in particular that literally clung onto me during the entire distribution. The leaders of the orphanage said that they were surprised that Madyline was even down spending time with anyone, because she is usually very shy and keeps to herself. That comment made me so happy and in a way at peace. As we were leaving the orphanage Madyline ran with the van that I was in until she was not allowed to go any farther. She was so sweet even though I only got to spend about and hour and a half with her.

I will post a picture on Facebook of Madyline, my mom and I, if the wifi works.

I will also try to write the next time that I get wifi which may not be for a few days!! :)

1 comment: